Hi there finally I manage to type up this Blog for a change lol. I have been planning this for a few weeks but have been busy panning a new style of vlog, well new to me but others have done the same but better lol..
So about a year ago I started vlogging but only once a week or maybe every few weeks but my confidence was pretty weak so I did struggle allot especially when editing the vlogs, I have always had a keen interest in video editing, I have filmed lots of things before I vlogged I filmed lots of locations when I went on Holiday like Paris and trips out but I was never in the videos, was always the one holding the camera.
what got me interested in Vlogging was when I was put as a Supervisor of the Charity shop in dover for Emmaus, I was doing a daily diary where I would get into work and then video me chatting to my mobile this was only for my keeping so I could look back on how it started and I could see a big improvement in my learning because I was keeping track of the work. this got me thinking more about becoming a Vlogger, the only YouTubers I was following were Olan Rogers and a few gaming vlogs.
I accidentally came across Joe Suggs vlogs from varied random searches on YouTube and I was hooked lol and then found out that his sister was a vlogger Zoella then I started getting hooked on her vlogs and then lol her boyfriend was also a Vlogger Alfie Deyes and I started getting hooked on his vlogs, this then gave me the confidence to go ahead and film myself chatting complete nonsence and uploading and seeing what happens, I think for a few months I was on about 3 subscribers but I never gave up, I changed my style more times that I can think and slowly and i mean slowly I started to get more confident even to the point where I gave Vlogmas 2016 a go and managed to do all 24 days inc xmas day so I was well pleased. Vlogmas was only 6 months ago and since then I have grown with vlogging or should I say Evolved I look back at the Vlogmas I did and I am not really happy with most of it, I could have put more effort into it, the only good thing was the christmas tree lol but this year I plan on doing it all again but allot better.
Back to the title of this vlog, What I have learned from Vlogging….
- its a full time job
- editing can take more time than filming
- having a busy day and filming lots can get confusing when editing
- changing the style of vlogging there is more to it than that
- you have to have a passion for vlogging or it does not show in your vlogs
- every day is different even though the scenery can be the same
- very tricky when its just me and no group of mates
- trying to please everyone
- keeping your subscribers from unsubscribing
- social media is a brilliant way to get yourself known
- finding other vloggers to collaberate with
- the thrill of another famous vlogger answering one of your messages.
- theres lots more lol…
- BIGGGGEEESSSTTT thing is your confidence and communication skills improve so much that everyone around you notices..
- vlogging in public is the scariest thing i have ever done.
If you are one of the bloggers who wants to try vlogging give it a try, one good thing about youtube is that you can upload a video and keep it hidden until you feel confident to make it public.
I hope this Blog has not been to boring for you all. I just wanted to share with you why I vlog and how it can boost confidence.
Thank you for reading this and hope you come back soon, I do leave links here to my Vlogs on YouTube.